This Cottage has been SOLD and unfortunately is no longer available for stays. HOWEVER……..
Our Love-In-The-Mist Cottage IS still available for your romantic get away.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every person that has enjoyed staying in this delightful cottage over the past thirteen years. We have met the most wonderful people and look forward to meeting more of you when you come and stay at our Love-In-The-Mist Cottage
5 Brennan Street Mirboo North – History of our Cottage.
We purchased our new project in October 2005 with a quick 30 day settlement and set ourselves to work. A full make over of this four bedroom cottage had us working from dawn through to midnight most nights to strip, clean, prep, paint, sand, polish, new bathroom, new floorboards, organize tradies, shop for furniture, manchester, kitchen appliances, everything you can possibly imagine needed to be purchased and organised into a presentable fully furnished home with magnificent gardens and hosts that didn’t look like they hadn’t slept for two months. We had our very first guests in on Christmas Eve, 24 December 2005 who enjoyed their stay immensely. It was an exciting beginning to a wonderful thirteen years. Below is what would have enticed you to call us for your stay.
This once-upon-a-time miner’s cottage deceives the passer-by appearing to be as small and somewhat insignificant, yet its charm endures. Beyond its quaint facade be mesmerised by its vast open spaces, multiple rooms, and old-world character. Large north facing windows add warmth and light, and create a sense of belonging. While the rear garden meanders around well-established trees, shrubs and plants, making it ideal for young children to play and explore in a safe environment.
Ideal for a group, a girls’ weekend away, or families – your retreat at ‘Forget Me Not’ will stay with you long after you leave as a peaceful escape from your everyday life.
The ‘Homestyle’ comforts offered to guests include:
- Two queen beds, one double and two single beds. Ideal for sleeping one to eight people (cot available)
- Two lounge areas make ‘Forget Me Not’ ideal for family holidays where you’ll find a selection of books, magazines, two TV/DVD’s, a stereo, CD’s and DVD’s and everyone’s good old favourite LP records.
- Reverse cycle air-conditioning throughout to provide comfort all year round
- Fully contained kitchen including electric oven, hotplates, microwave and fridge/freezer
- Complete laundry facilities including washing machine and clothes dryer
- Bathroom with large shower and heating, hair dryer provided and two toilets
- Quality linen and towels are provided at no extra cost (ask us for a beach towel if you want to visit the local swimming pool)
- Barbecue facilities available and outdoor tables and chairs
- Beautifully established large private gardens, fruit trees, natives and exotics
- Everything you could possibly require is provided for a relaxing stress free holiday