Mirboo North is a destination within easy driving distance from Melbourne yet far removed from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Take a stroll around town and discover its scenic, cultural and historic attractions:
- Baromi Park is an impressive open parkland with a rose garden, large playground, free BBQ’s, great skate bowl and the old railway station
- Various cafes and restaurants and the award winning Grand Ridge Brewery
- Shops of antiques, craft, books, second hand goods, old wares and treasures
- An array of murals throughout the town depicting the history of the area
- Ride a bicycle or walk along the Mirboo North/Boolarra rail trail
- Walk through bath Road Nature Reserve to find the picturesque swimming pool nestled amongst the natural Australian bush
When you have explored the area on foot, take a short drive to the Mirboo North Golf Club, Lyrebird Walk and Dickies Hill scenic drive.
Explore all Gippsland has to offer
Use Mirboo North as your base to explore local wineries, country markets, galleries, Tarra Bulga National Park, Coal Creek and Old Gippstown Historical Villages, Wilsons Promontory and Phillip Island. Our extensive in-house directory offers additional suggestions, maps and travel times. Choose your trip, pack a picnic and off you go.
Why are you coming to visit?
There are many reasons why you might visit Mirboo North and the surrounding areas:
Families: Reunions, birthdays, weddings, family history
Entertainment: Concerts, Festivals, Mirboo North Market, Mossvale Park, Boolarra
Shopping: Local produce, Restaurants, Cafes, Gifts, Crafts, Books, Bric-a-brac, Antiques, Quilting
Walks, Rides and Drives: Grand Ridge Road, Dickies Hill, Strzelecki Ranges, Grand Ridge Rail Trail, Lyre Bird Walk, Baths Road Reserve, Historical town walk, Murals, Horse riding, Bike riding
Animal Activity: Alpaca farms, Snail farm, Kangaroos, Wallabies, Wombats, Parrots, Eagles… the list is endless
Leisure: Swimming, Golf, Bowls, Cricket, Football, Basketball, Netball, Tennis – watch or have a go!
No matter why you choose to visit Mirboo North your stay will be packed with things to do, see and experience. Drive, walk or ride, we’ll give you EVERY reason to have a happy and memorable time.
Beautiful photos of Gippsland by Wildwood Photography
Top L-R: A country drive and Tarra Bulga National park
Bottom L-R: Countryside around Mirboo North and Eaglehawk Rocks at Inverloch.